Strategic planning is…
predetermining long term goals, then constantly coordinating them with short term moves and communication activities, allocating existing resources, working in order to acquire missing but necessary resources, and constantly reviewing the process as it progresses.
As a consultant, I help individual political candidates and/or party organizations with strategic planning. I cover a wide range of issues from end to end:
- Determining long-term goals in cooperation with the client;
- Determining strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT-analysis);
- Analyzing external factors that might be affecting the candidate’s or the party’s situation;
- Opposition research;
- Analyzis of oppositon strategies;
- Taking stock of existing and necessary resources;
- Designing of a resource allocation strategy;
- Political positioning, and program development;
- Communications strategy;
- Scenario analysis (worst, likely and best case scenarios);
- Regular reviews.